Lost relative found


Happened to be looking at a website about the Taipei Air Station and ran into a post about a young woman who was looking for information about her grandmother.

To my surprise, grandma was Mary Wang, our receptionist at the station. I contacted the seeker and sent along this picture. She was ecstatic. I also put her in touch with Rosalie Fogel, Larry's widow who was also from Taiwan.

Granddaughter wrote: "I will pass this information on to my mother. My grandmother passed away when my Mom was 12, so she also has very few memories of her. Again, thank you so much. The information that you have provided is invaluable to my family and I, and you've given me much more than I've been able to collect from anyone, or any other source."

By the way, Mary Wang was one of the first TV personalities in Taiwan. She had a fashion and sewing program and was featured in a cover story in the local TV guide.

You never know how our dabbling on the internet touches lives.

Comments

Scott said…
Burt, I just came across a 1958 AFRT on ebay.

Scott Ellinger
Lisan said…
Hi:

My name is Lisan Wang, daughter of Mary Wang. I accidently came across this as I have off and on searched on the internet for any information on my Mom since her untimely passing at 34. I was amazed, and shock to have had the good fortune to see this site, I was never shown this existed. If you or anyone who knew my mother as a coworker and friend, I would love to take a few minutes of your time without inconveniencing you if you can shed a little light for me. If not, I am grateful for this blog and what I feel is very personal information to my heart. Thank you
Lisan Wang/ email LISWA7@aol.com

Popular posts from this blog

Taiwan memories

Cal Thomas writes