Cal Thomas writes

I sent Cal Thomas a link to this site and we exchanged several emails over the weekend. He mentioned several names I haven't heard in about 40 years -- staffers who served with us including Les Blatt who went on to be a network news producer and Paul Kerivan whose car Cal used to borrow for his monthly PX and commissary run . Also CG Wells who Cal says died some time ago. If I remember correctly, CG was the news director of the Armed Forces Press, Radio and TV Service in New York, and a real professional.

When I told Cal that I am currently hosting the local segments of "All Things Considered" on Tucson's NPR station, he suggested tongue-in-cheek that I have him on the show.

"We could choke the audience with nostalgia," he wrote.

Comments

Dallen Cox said…
Today 3/26/2008 I discovered a picture on Ensign Schneider with actess Nancy Rennick. I worked with Schneider on the USS Princeton in the Public Informatin Office. I was involved with filming the segment of The Lieutenant. I had my picture taken with Gary Lockwood. I still have the picture. I would like to talk to Mr. Schnieder

Popular posts from this blog

Taiwan memories

Lost relative found